Try saying this 5 times fast: Browned Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Oy vey. It sounds like a lot, but trust me, this is a fairly easy recipe as far as homemade cookies go! (And you can take it from me because I do not like to bake!)
This recipe is courtesy of one of my coworkers (I have no idea where she got it!) When I was an OT student, she was my fieldwork supervisor. We had one really awesome patient that still keep in touch with, and she made these for him on his last day. He reached out to me to get the recipe, and I kept it for myself, too 😉
15 Tbsp butter
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (plus more if needed, 1 tbsp at a time!)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup + 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs at room temperature
2 cups white chocolate chips
3/4 cups macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place 8 tbsp (1 stick) of butter in a small saucepan over medium hear and melt for ~2 minutes, stirring almost constantly, until the butter had browned. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 7 tbsp. Whisk until smooth. Place bowl in refrigerator and bring back to room temperature (when you press a finger into it, it should make a slight indention-solid, but soft). This may take 30+ minutes
- Once the butter is at room temperature, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, vanilla, and browned butter; cream on medium-speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat quickly, only about 30 seconds until combined. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes, then beat the eggs for another 30 seconds.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture, stirring only until the flour begins to disappear.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Roll ~1/4 cup of batter to make a ball, then place on prepared cookie sheet. Cookies will be large so allow for ample room.
- Bake 11-14 minutes until the edges are golden, but soft in the middle.
- Cool on the sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.